Honorary Research Psychologist
Social, Genetic & Developmental Psychiatry Research Centre
Institute of Psychiatry
London SE5 8AF
- BSc (Hons) in Psychology from City University, London, UK in 1993
- Professional Training:
- 1993 – 1995 – Research Psychologist, City University. A Wellcome Trust-funded project on the cognitive development of children with autism.
- 1995 – 1996 – Scientific Officer at the Medical Research Council’s Cognitive Development Unit, London WC1. Assistant to Professor Uta Frith.
- Investigation into characteristics of close relatives of children with autism.
- 1996 – 1999 – Research Psychologist at the Institute of Psychiatry, London, UK.
- Assistant to Dr Francesca Happé. Research included investigation of the ‘broader phenotype’ of autism among first degree relatives of autistic probands with particular reference to cognitive abilities.
- Exploring the nature and consequences of relationships with individuals who have Asperger’s syndrome.